Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reverb problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwats9

Technical User
Mar 16, 2008
US
Hi guys,
I'm having a problem and I hope you guys can help me.

The customer has :
IP Office 8.0.18 controll unit
2 TCM 8 Cards
2 Combo Cards
1 DS30-A Module
1 16 port analog trunk module
13 POTS LINES (8 on the controll unit and 5 on the expansion module) System is grounded

Once the system was installed, the customer started complaining of static/echo or reverb system wide. After placing test calls, I found that the problem was that when you spoke a little louder, you could hear a vibration coming out of your handset earpiece. This problem only happened on certain calls but on most phones. This is where I called you and you told me to 1st reboot the system and then if that didn't work, shut down the system and remove the DS30-A module and power it up and make a call on the main unit on the TCM8 cards installed. I tried both but still had the problem. I tried the impedance matching on all of the lines but I got an error saying "Command cannot update due to other system activity". on the first 8 lines in the system but the other 5 was ok with the impedance matching.

I then went a little further in troubleshooting the problem and went to a M7324 on the system that had all of the lines on it and made test calls. I found that on this particular 7324, there was no problems at all. I then went to another 7324 and made test calls with no problems. I figured, I should try all of the 7324's so I placed test calls on the remaining 7324's on the system and found that the problem occoured on the first 8 lines in the system which is the lines that are in the controll unit. I then programmed a M7310 with all the lines and found that I got the problem again on just the first 8 lines on the controll unit but the 5 lines that were in the expansion unit were clear of the reverb. I went back and checked the 2 M7324's that were not having the issue and found that all lines were free and clear of the problems. I then swapped out one of the combo cards that I had back at my office and made test calls but found that I was still having the problem.

Has anyone run into this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back