Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reuse of 9840 media from mainframe

Status
Not open for further replies.

BetNackup

Technical User
Feb 15, 2005
US
I wonder if anybody could help me...

I have a batch of IBM 9840 mainframe standard label media which I have relabelled (with new barcodes) as HCART 9840 and have put 1 of them into the VERITAS NetBackup Silo.

However, VERITAS only see's the existing original header of the tape and doesn't want to use it, even though we have manually used bplabel to re-label the tape.

Any ideas? We have already tried using the IBM mainframe to change the internal header of the tape to match the barcode label of the media.

Any ideas?

Perhaps the tape was frozen?

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and thats the truth

I woulder if you need to change what your system is allowed to over write. You can do that via the gui under host properties/master server/media

Ah-ha, we found a work around by writing 0000's over the header using the mainframe and only then putting the volumes into the NetBackup ACS silo. Thanks for all your ideas, my next thing to try would have been the above comment by lenski. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back