Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Returning value outside of the program

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactus13

Technical User
Mar 8, 2004
NL
Does anyone know if it is possible to return a value as a result of running the program.

I would like to make a simple linux like du application on windows-boxes. I know how to determine the directory size and how to enter it into the program from the command line. However I would like to report the value some way or another that I can use my web application to return it to the user.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Jonathan

No, I'm not familliar with .NET way of programming. Can you give me a hint where to look for info in the help or on the internet?

Jonathan

Sorry for not getting back sooner. If you still have your problem in your hands, you could try looking up the languages PHP or Javascript, and allows you to do interaction with the user through a textbox.

If you are a VB.net user (which you said you are not), you could benefit from either VB Script or Asp.net.

Start along those lines. Look up some examples in Javascript or PHP sites, and I think you will find your answers, or even some similar examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back