Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

returning data from grid activerow 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spokex

Programmer
Jul 26, 2002
US
I have a grid with 15 columns and need to dbl clk column 2 and put data from column 14 of the same row into a text box on the same form.

Thanks,

Scott

Is your question about how to figure out which row in the data to use?

Moving the pointer in a grid moves the pointer for the underlying RecordSource at the same time, so finding the data is a matter of looking at the current record for the alias that's populating the cursor.

Is your question about how to program the double-click to do what you want?

Is your question about how to figure out what data is used to populate column 14?

-BP

If the question is about how to program the double-click event, put code in that updates the Value property of the textbox upon double-clicking:

In the double-click event of Thisform.Grid1.Column2.Text1:
ThisForm.Text1.Value = .....

To determine what the data in column14 is:
Evaluate(ThisForm.Grid1.Column14.Text1.ControlSource)

So, the method code for the double-click event:
ThisForm.Text1.Value = ;
Evaluate(This.Parent.Parent.Column14.Text1.ControlSource)

-Dave S.-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

The code : ThisForm.Text1.Value = ;
Evaluate(This.Parent.Parent.Column14.Text1.ControlSource)
was what I needed.

To clarify my need: I have a grid with production lot information. Job number, part number, PO number, etc. The user would find the job number in the grid for a project and double click it and the PO number would be captured for further processing.

Much thanks for the help!

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back