Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Returned call not going to voicemail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

toosober

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2005
US
I am having a strange problem. In the past when a call went to cover from a directors phone to his staff assistant, and she transferred the call back to his extension, it would go straight to voicemail. This is no longer happening? The call now just follows coverage back to the staff assistant.

I called Avaya and they said that the call should have never gone to voicemail, and if it was, our system was not working correctly. So I guess when we were upgraded from 3.0.1 to 3.1.4, it has resolved a 7-year old problem in our system?!

Am I crazy? Is there anyone out there that this is currently the way their system acts?

I would like to get it working again if possible. I know I have tried to setup the transfer to voicemail FAC, but when the FAC is dialed, I just get the wave-off tone. So transferring to one of the Audix trunks is a work around for that, just have to tell audix which mailbox.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me correct this!

our admin assistants that were someone's cover path also used to just transfer to the ext again and it would go right to voicemail.. we have since upgraded..recently..I will check if it still works..

Thanks, I am sure there is a setting in CM somewhere that has changed, but I am unable to locate it.

Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back