Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Return to Source button grayed out after drill-through report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjcotter

Programmer
Jul 9, 2001
US
After running a drill-through report, when returning to the cube, the "Return to Source" button in the bottom right-hand corner of the cube is grayed out. This is using PowerPlay Web.

We are using 7.3 MR3.

Again, this happens only after drilling through to a report.

Please help me enable the "return to source" button!

Thanks!!!

We've got the exactly the same problem occurring with our 7.3MR3 PPWeb installation. Did you ever find a solution?

Yes, I did figure it out. Hopefully, this will do the trick for you too...

Our Prod server had themes copied over from an old server which had Cognos 7.1 installed. Instead of copying the themes over from the old 7.1 server, I created them from scratch on the new 7.3 server and this did the trick. The grayed out "return to source" icon was enabled again. Other layout issues were corrected too.

It seems that one must be careful when bringing over themes between different versions of Cognos. Evidently, there are .gif and .jpg files which have changed between the versions. Also, there seem to be layouts that have changed too.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back