Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Return externally forwarded call to internal voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

destrucity

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2016
US
A user has asked for the ability to forward incoming calls to her cell phone. I have figured out how to do that. However, she also asked for a caller to be sent to her internal voice mailbox if she does not answer her cell phone when a call is forwarded there. I am a novice, but I assume that our internal phone system loses control of call routing after a call is forwarded to an external number. Am I wrong? If I am, how can I accomplish what she is asking of me?

Yes, you are correct. A workaround would be to give the user another DID number that shares the same mailbox and have it so that the users cell phone diverts to the other DID number. It's a little messy, but I think it should work.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

Thank you very much.

We are planning to move to a more modern phone system in the next year or two. Whatever system we choose will most likely have "single-number reach" capability, so I think that I will just tell the user that what she wants is on the horizon.

The one number facility is available on later Nortel/Avaya CS1000 systems via the PCA feature. It depends if your phone system has any licenses for it.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back