Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Return customer to main menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camper66

Technical User
Jul 25, 2008
CA
Good morning,

Customers accessing our voice mail are offered 4 choices. However, a caller selecting any of the 3 info boxes has no way of returning to the main menu and is then disconnected.

How do I offer the callers a way of getting back to the main menu.

Again, thank you for your help.

you don't this is set up in the tree, when you set up the path it asks you if you want the caller to disconnect or go back to the main menu.

Thanks RikRodgers,

I did change the f983/GRTG/AA to AA=Y; it had been set to NO but it does not seem to have any effect...

Are they actual info mailboxes, or as ricoa01 is suggesting, an info path in CCR?

They should be able to press * to return to the CCR path 0 recording if return to AA=Y. Make sure to record your options in the CCR tree, so-

GRTG 1= Thank you for calling Joe's.

CCR Path 0= For sales, press 1, etc...

I actually do not know if they are a CCR path...It would seem, given that the customer is not being returned even with the change, that they are in the CCR tree..

If they are info paths, and not info boxes, then rico's got your answer.

Still, I always advise customers to leave return to aa on. It's handy when you call in after hours, and end up in the wrong mb. Saves you from having to press redial.

If not sure if using CCR it's simple to find out, listen to gretting...if prompted to press a single digit such as 1, 2 or 3 etc then thats CCR.
If you dont give single options then you might be using a cheater way:
A cheater way is to create info mailboxes from MBOX, then record a greeting to state "press XXX for business address" XXX= 3 digits being the info mailbox DN.

I suggests build a CCR Tree in this case, mucvh more professional and you will achieve what you want.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Agreed.

The only advantage to using the "cheater method" is that it's easier to train the customer to change the recordings.

Again thanks guys,

Given that the caller is offered options

1 for this
2 for that
3 for etc.

as was suggested these must be CCR info paths.. But where or how do I create the return to main menu ( other then f983/GRTG/AA to AA=Y) after one of the options is competed? Do I need to create another option 5 Return to main menu ?

Thank you

When creating a path, say path 1.. you choose INFO, record the greeting then you are given the option of what should happen to the call so choose HOME.
I cannot recall if you can change it once its created but will presume you can.

Note that yet another cheater way...
You have the choice to choose INFO and record but you can also create and INFO mailbox via MBOX, then tell the path to LEAVE MSGE at that Info mailbox #
Again this is done to make it easier if frequent changes are needed where the admin simply logs into the info mailbox to change the greeting instead of messing with the Info in CCR Tree.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back