Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Return current Excel row to Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

flize

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2003
US
I've created the necessary excel objects and am referencing a spreadsheet from a form module. I now need to determine how many rows of data are in the sheet. Assuming there are no blank rows, how can I determine how many rows of data are in column 'A' for example.
I've tried a couple methods I found in the forums like the ActiveCell property and Range("A1:A" & lRow).Find(360, , , xlWhole, xlByRows, xlNext).Row), but both give errors.

I don't know, maybe its just the syntax?

Anyone got an idea on this one?

It seems like its got to be a simple or straight-forward command or call, but I'm just not sure what I am missing here...

I've tried a couple methods I found in the forums like the ActiveCell property and Range("A1:A" & lRow).Find(360, , , xlWhole, xlByRows, xlNext).Row), but both give errors. I don't know, maybe its just the syntax?

Why don't you share a little more of the code that you've tried and perhaps somebody can offer some help based on that.

Collen

Found the answer in FAQ...

From Access, I was trying to determine the row count of a column of data. If the spreadsheet had 57 rows of data, I was looking for the function that returned that value of 57.

This is what I needed...

worksheet.UsedRange.rows.Count

Hi,

I'm looking for the solution to return rows in access.
Can you give some information on how to

As flize posted try using

worksheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count

If this is not what you need then repost and be a little more specific about what you are trying to do.

Collen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back