Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Return Code: 12 - Source not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpt123

Programmer
Jul 11, 2007
US
I am a new bee here, I don't have training on Ascential DataStage TX, and trying to dig in the system to see how to result this problem.

I have the error in the CompoundSystem*.txt file
"Return Code: 12 - Source not available".

Do you know what "Source" which is refered here? Where is the possible place to look ...

*** ERROR:

System: Process
Component: Process
Map: C:\Edi\Maps\Prod_CDI\Process.mmc
Start Time: Tue Dec 11 11:51:12 2007
Instance: 2
Run Time: 32.4781 seconds
Return Code: 12 - Source not available

Input 1: Database: -T
Input 2: File: C:\Edi\Maps\Prod_CDI\..\INPUT\Del997.txt
Output 1: File: C:\Edi\Maps\Prod_CDI\c2_out.dat

Audit File: C:\Edi\Maps\Prod_CDI\Process.log

the following seems to be a problem. But I may be wrong. Others can probably answer better. What's with the 2 dots together? Dont know if that is a valid path.

Code:
Input 2:    File: C:\Edi\Maps\Prod_CDI\..\INPUT\Del997.txt

I have the exactly the same Input 2 like above in the different server, and it works fine.

I got the new server, and had things copied to the new server, but got errors when running in the new box.

Yes. The directory name seems to work. I tried. Did you see if you have database connection happening properly? user id, password tablename etc...

Look at your map log file. If it says it can't find input2 then confirm the path % fname. Otherwise check your DB trace file. It should give you a better idea as to why you're getting the message.

Where are your databaser parameters? Are you using an MDQ file or specifying all the parms on the command line? This looks wrong: Input 1: Database: -T

Show us the audit log instead of the launcher log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back