Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retrieving microsoft office

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyla565

Programmer
Nov 29, 2000
US
I accidentally deleted a part of my original software on my PC, so I used the recovery discs and reloaded everything. However, it erased all my microsoft office which I acquired by paying a fee at the Technical College I went to. They did not give you your own disc. Is it still on the hard drive and can it be retrieved? And how do I retrieve it?

Any help would greatly be appreciated since I need these programs for my classes I am currently in.

Jane

Well,
Once you launched the recovery process and opted to reinstall everything, you may have wiped your disk... It depends on the method used to reinstall... Was your disk formatted during the recovery process or were the apps just reinstalled? If the disk was not formatted, then Office is still there; however,I am unsure how it will run without the registry entries. During an OS reinstall, the registry is usually overwritten, if this is the case, then a reinstall of Office is what you need, regardless if the software is still physically on the disk. debonairOne

"I look in the mirror and what do I see..."
dboneanime.gif

use winmx you will get a full version

I did not format my hard drive.

What is winmx and where do I find it?

Jane

I don't understand, WinMX is P2P software, how is that going to help resolve this issue? I have included an excerpt from their website... I don't think this is an appropriate solution...

What is WinMX?
WinMX is a FREE file-sharing program like no other. It allows you to connect, download, and share files with MILLIONS of other users through the decentralized WinMX Peer Network. Once WinMX is installed, you'll have access to one of the largest and most diverse networks of shared media files in the world. And unlike many other 'peer to peer' software providers, we respect your privacy and will never sell you out to spyware. When you download WinMX, you're getting WinMX and only WinMX, no bundled spyware, no ads, no B.S.

debonairOne

"I look in the mirror and what do I see..."
dboneanime.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back