Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retrieving logonWorkstation user attrib from A.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlfpackr

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2003
US
Having some problems retrieving the logonWorkstation user attribute from Active Directory. I'm assuming the attribute I need is logonWorkstation (i.e. From ADUC, on a user's profile, it's on the Account tab, "Log On To...". Used to lock an ID down to only be able to login to specific workstations).

I have no issues with any of the other attributes I want to pull in this VBscript i.e. samaccountname, description, DN, CN, etc. but for some reason this one is giving me a hassle.

I know the canonicalName attribute you have to read into an array, but I can't get the array method to work either. Any secrets out there on this field?

=================
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that do not.

nm. I searched for the answer all day and never found it. Tried one more time after posting this and found my answer.

FYI: "userWorkstations" is the attribute.

=================
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back