Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retrieving Favourites/Bookmarks from an old HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

riastrad76

Technical User
May 8, 2006
GB
I'm trying to retrieve the bookmarks/favourites from my old HDD. On the old computer, I used both IE and Firefox, and I have a load of links in the relevant folders for each program.

However, I am having trouble trying to locate the relevant folders on the old HDD.

It can differ depending of the OS version you were running... but try looking for a "profiles" folder in the windows folder, or a "Documents and settings" folder off the root.

These normally container folders for each user, inside which you should find the favourites.

Hope this helps,
Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

On Xp your Firefox Bookmarks are in a sub directory of your profile this is under >Documents and Settings> User Name> in a hidden tree Aplication Data> Mozilla> Firefox. You will need to show hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer to see. IE Favorites are under >Documents and Settings> User Name> in a subfolder called favorites

Irish1957,

So presumably I just find the relevant folders, drag and drop over to the location where I want to be able to access them again i.e. the new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back