Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

retrieving a handler for a window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raywall

Programmer
Oct 1, 2003
RO
I don't now if it is possible, but I'm tryng to retrive a handler for a window,(not one created by me !!!).For example I want to retrieve a hadler in my code for an existing window created by any aplication.
I'm interested in C.500(or heigher) functions that could do this.

The compiler is Borland C 5.02 for Windows.

>> I want to retrieve a hadler in my code for an existing
>> window created by any aplication.

What does that mean? What is a "handler" does he mean "handle" as in HWND?

Raywall, give us some background on yourself. How long have you been programming Windows in C++, stuff like that.

-pete

Sorry that would be in 'C' of course, or have i wandered in to the Cobal forum by mistake! [bugeyed] Where am i? [lol]

-pete

But of course...a handle declarated as
HWND handle_name.It is pretty hard..there are plenty functions, like "FindWindow" for example but all request parameteres and at list one of them is inaccesible to me since I don't have that handle(parameters like the instance of the program and others).I want to get the handle so i could send messages to the window that I choose.

Try looking at the EnumWindows() documentation. It sounds like that might be your solution.

-pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back