Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retrieving &_nbsp; from DB to Textbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike2312

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2003
US
I have a script which will take a text file in any text format and input it into the Database. When I use it for HTML or XSL files and use the &_nbsp; or &_#160; it puts them into the DB fine. When it pulls them back out the browser does it job and converts those to spaces. However I would like them to stay as they are. It uses a textfield input to do this.

Make this a little more clear.

I use a textfield to do this, so when I say pulls it back out I mean when then script re-populates the text field with the text containing the &_nbsp; or &_#160;

personally i'd store it "as is" in the text file in the DB, then in the form, handle it with a server.htmlencode for proper look/feel/formatting.

[thumbsup2]DreX
aKa - Robert

Wow.

I have been pondering how to do that off and on for weeks. I was thinking so much more complicated.

Thanx Drex gold star for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back