Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

retrieve top 100 and then search in all records??

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerbuilde

Programmer
Oct 2, 2010
EG
​Hi

I have window- with dw object - when i open this window i retrieve all records in the datawindow (dw_1.retriev())

when user wants to search for a specific record i put criteria he enteres in valid expression(ls_filter)

then dw_1.setfilter(ls_filter)

dw_1.filter()

my app works fine when server is on local net work

now it is required to put server on the net(cloud) so in open event i can not retrieve all rows as it take about five minutes to retrieve all rows(very very long period)

so in sql synatx of dw_1 I i added top 100(after select) that make dw to retrieve only last 100 rows

my question is if user want to search for specific record is this mean i must retrieve all rows to search and thus take long time again to load all row s

is this right??

or there are other solution?and how

Best Regards

how to select a record based on user entry with out retrieve all rows then filter by using expression?
if i used select top 100 then i use filter - dw filter out rows which not have filter from 100 row i prev retrieved
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back