Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RETRIEVE METHOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

informer2009

Programmer
Jul 20, 2009
CA
Have not programmed in this language in a long time. Trying to pass a value from a dataobject to a datawindow. Dataobject is called dw_report and window is w_audit. My SQL has a retrieval argument to pass this value. This is the code that I have so far.

string as_parameter_value

dw_report.SetTransObject(SQLCA)
dw_report.InsertRow(0)

dw_report.Retrieve(as_parameter_value)

When debugging, the value is never passed.

Please help!

Do you set any value to as_parameter_value variable?

Do you use retrieval argument in SELECT of DataWindow Object?

Tomek

Having difficulty setting value. This value is a field from a table. Tried as_parameter_value = ("parameter_parameter_value") but receive the error "Can not convert a char value to money..." I do have the retrieval argument set in the SELECT statement of my datawindow object.

What is datatype of DataWindow parameter (what is declared datatype)? Is that the same as as_parameter_value variable?
If not, try to convert variable value to proper type.

For test, try to assign proper value to as_parameter_value variable and retrieve data.

Tomek

Thanks for your assistance Mariaszek. I was able to finally get the value but encountered another issue. If there is no data retrieved, I receive an application execution error (R0006) - Invalid DataWindow row/column specified at line ... I modify the data so that there is a retrieval and I am able to populate the report with the value. Format the data back to what it was and still able to populate the report with the value. Hopefully I did not lose you in my explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back