Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retreiving values from other worksheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsk77

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
US
i have a worksheet with some text field,when the user saves it,the values are saved in the other worksheet,now when the user is selecting teh same criteria like date then those details taht are previously stored must be populated..how to acheive this functionality.

Please be more specific, when you refer to "text field" are you using a userform? Please describe your program in more detail so I can help you.

thanks
mike

text feild means a textbox not a user form.

I think Mike was asking whether the textbox was contained within a userform or whether it is embedded on a worksheet - different syntax will apply Rgds
~Geoff~

xlbo,

Thanks, that was what I was getting at.

rsk77,

Without any more info, I'm assuming (which is never good) that your trying to bring data from the worksheet cells into your form controls. You mentioned that when the user selects a date value this saved data should be displayed. Use one of the events of whatever control your using for date selection and place code there that references the value/text from the worksheet where you saved the data.

(code in the userform, placing data into a textbox)
txtDataFromWorksheet.Text = ThisWorkBook.WorkSheets("YourWrkSheet").Cells(1, Range("First_Name").Column).Text

**Note: This was the best I could do with the info you provided, please be more specific if this doesn't help.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back