Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retreiving job setup files

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclidad

Technical User
Jan 5, 2005
If I've done a reinstall but saved the old directories is there any way to copy the job information to the new setup? I'm guessing these files are not in the database. I do have a job template file but it's a bit dated and doesn't have all the settings I want to use. I can most likely recreate it but will no doubt leave something off. If I can get the job info from the old install I'll have a setup that could be wrong but will match what we were using before the system crashed.

Is it even possible to do this or will I shoot myself in the foot if I get it even slightly wrong?

Thanks,
- Joel

if you have a copy of 000000.qsd folder from the BAB directory saved, then you can do a cstop rename the current folder and replace it with the old one

or modify the job and then do a File Save As to save the particular job as a script which can be loaded at the new location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back