Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

retarded newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moooink

Technical User
Feb 22, 2002
US
how do i echo a < and >?~ \< doesn't work, is there a code thing like for the nonbreaking space?

this is what i'm trying to print..

echo &quot;<td>&quot;.$row['email'].&quot; <&quot;.$row['fname'].&quot;&nbsp;&quot;.$row['lname'].&quot;>,</td>\n&quot;;

and its printing:

email@aol.com ,
email2@aol.com ,

what am i doing wrong? i cant find where its wrong, and its not giving any error..

Try this:

Code:
echo &quot;<td>&quot; . $row[&quot;email&quot;] . &quot; &lt;&quot; . $row[&quot;fname&quot;] . &quot; &quot; . $row[&quot;lname&quot;] . &quot;&gt;,</td>\n&quot;;
Regards
David Byng
bd_logo.gif

davidbyng@hotmail.com

Oops stupid Tek-Tips what I meant was:

Code:
echo &quot;<td>&quot; . $row[&quot;email&quot;] . &quot; &amp;amp;lt;&quot; . $row[&quot;fname&quot;] . &quot; &quot; . $row[&quot;lname&quot;] . &quot;&amp;amp;gt;,</td>\n&quot;;
Regards
David Byng
bd_logo.gif

davidbyng@hotmail.com

Oops stupid Tek-Tips what I meant was:

echo &quot;<td>&quot; . $row[&quot;email&quot;] . &quot; &amp;lt;&quot; . $row[&quot;fname&quot;] . &quot; &quot; . $row[&quot;lname&quot;] . &quot;&amp;gt;,</td>\n&quot;; Regards
David Byng
bd_logo.gif

davidbyng@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back