Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restrictions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

soc67

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2002
US
dialing some long distance numbers comes up as restricted on a set which is sharing the same number as another set, which has no problems dialing anywhere,,where is the restrictions settings. It must be restricted for this particular set, I just don't know where to find it to turn it off,,help!!

Depending on your software the restrictions will be under a
filter..01,02,03...etc. go into the extn set of the extn that can dail out ok and look for restrictions,filters,line filters,extn filters and see what filter that one is using and apply the same filter to your own extn.....if you need more precise instructions ...no probs. Hope this helps

ok,,I'll check for that, I have another question though, hope you don't mind, on a single line set, how do you check to see what set # it is. I know on a multi if I do feature # o, I can hit the set # and find what set it is, how do you do it on a single line set?

thanks again

Sean

sean,
Just call the dn of a display set. That's about the only way short of tracing the wiring.

Jerry

Feature * 0

press the icm key
to see the extension and DN #

All phones default in Class of Service 2
you can verify and change if needed. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

soc67
Clarification:
If you are refering to an analog telephone on an Analog adapter you will have to call a display phone and read the number off the display.
If you are refering to a T7100 or M7100 press the Feature * 0 sequence and the set number will be displayed first. pressing the only programable feature button will tell you what that button is programed for.
If you are refering to other display phones press the Feature * 0 sequence and then press the intercom button, the DN will be displayed.
Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back