Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrictions on extensions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

itech2004

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2004
US
I need to know how I can accomplish having a extension that is restricted to station to station and 911 calls, to dial specific numbers like a cell phone. These are gate phones that we have restricted. But now I need them to be able to dial a cell phone with keeping the restrictions in place. I have analog phones at these locations and my switch is a definity audix G3s1v11.
Any ideas would be appreciated
Bob

I setup our gate phone as a ring down to a vdn. In the vector I give the person on the phone specific options for 911 or the specific numbers I wanted them to be able to dial.

Something similar would be to add an abbreviated dialing list "personal" have the cell number in spot 1. Change this set to use a "hot line destination" See below..

Code:
ABBREVIATED DIALING
     List1: personal 1         List2:                    List3:

HOT LINE DESTINATION
         Abbreviated Dialing List Number (From above 1, 2 or 3): 1
                                                      Dial Code: 1

This will make the phone ring the cell as soon as the phone goes off-hook. This also keeps all the restrictions in place.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

I thought about abbreviated dialing but I thought I would need to open up the trunks, I guess that is not the case.

I,m not familiar with the hot list destination, can you elaborate any further on this? Is there a special command to get to the page?

If you use the abbreviated dialling option you will not be able to use the sets personal list as this will be restricted according to its own COR (only being able to call 911). The group,system or enhanced lists allow the priviledge flag to be set to override the end users call restriction.

Another option would be to put the numbers to be dialled into the ARS table and allow them in your COR via Toll table entries or using FRL's in the route pattern and COR but this can get complicated and the end user would need to dial the full number prefixed with the ARS access code.

Using the abbreviated dialling option with a group list would be easy to set up, require less effort by the end user to operate and allow only that user to dial the numbers they need.

I like the group idea how ever I seem not be able to get it to work, how do you access from the hand set of the group you want? I have the access code set for 114.

You might try setting up an extension (like with a terminating extension group) that has a remote coverage point that is the cell phone.

The terminating extension group would have a COR that can call the cell phone number, so the remote coverage point could be called. The restricted phone would be able to dial the extension of the terminating extension group. The call would go immediately to coverage, and reach the cell phone.

All the permission to reach the cell phone would really be with the terminating extension group. No changes would be necessary for the restricted phone.

Just let them know when they need to reach cell phone 617-555-1234, they should call extension 4567.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back