Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrictions, Filters, and Passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinky101

Technical User
Aug 26, 2009
CA
I'm having an issue.
I set up some set restrictions only on certain sets for long distance and thats fine. So I went to see if I could over ride it with feature 68. I punch in what I thought would have been the password (the system default 266xxx one) and I get an invalid.
SO at an unrestricted set I try going in to feature 983 and log in with 738xxx and the default password and I get an invalid again.
Our system is fairly new so I know that nobody else has been mucking around in it besides me and the installer from the telco.
How would that password have gotten changed? (ok maybe you can't answer this one)
And is there now a way to reset it?

266xxx is the Configuration password to get into tech side programming.

You want COS password which you need to setup and also tell tell that COS slot (i.e COS 00 or 01) which filter to use that is not restricted such as 02.

COS is under Service Modes I think in Configuration.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

ahh I see, but that didn't explain why I couldn't get into feature 983 with the default password.
The class of service I will have to look more into on Monday, thanks.
Want to solve the rest of my problems while you're at it?

F983 is for Voice Mail admin, has nothing to do with restrictions....however it also has it's own version of COS.

Once you see COS in programming its black and white, not much to choose from eccept passowrd and filter to use for overriding.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

yes i know curlycord, but messaging is the only place I've ever used that manual log-in-at-a-set system login and password before, so thats why i went in and tried it there :) sorry if i didn't say that to begin with.
oh well, i'm going to leave it until after the weekend now.
thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back