Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restriction Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzwicki2

Vendor
Jan 19, 2009
US
Thought I would start a new thread on this one:

I set up the restricion filters with COS Passwords and restricted a set. These sets must dial 9 for line pool A. I have tried F68 the display goes blank entered the 6 digit PW the display reappears then dialed 9 got a dial tone dialed the restricted number for testing I used 1-800-555-1212 and the display said Restricted.

I tried dialing 9 first then F68 and so on and the same happens.

What filter did you tell the COS to use? It could be using the same filter which means it is restricted.

This is were I am getting confused. Is there step by step instructions available. I must be leaving something out and what is best to just restrict the lines or just each set or both?

lines are most times filter 3
sets are filter 2
filter 1 has some restrictions already

set up the restriction filter to be lets say 30

put in all the restrictions that you want in there and apply this restriction to all the sets to be restricted (if you wan t all the sets restricted just add restrictions to filter 2)

simplest bypass is to setup the cos filter to be 0 (no restriction)
do the feature 68 then the password grab the line and dial

All Things Are Possible With Time And Lots And Lots of Money

mike

I just can;t seem to get this to work it is still saying Restricted. Is there a step by step way to make sure I am not missing someting cause I must be leaving something out.

I am able to restrict line 1 from any calls dialed with "1" that works just fine. But bypassing the rescriction is not working.

I always like to create a new filter say filter 10.
Add slot 01=0
Add slot 01=1
Soon as you have added 1 press show again to see the overrides/ or pemissions.....then add
01 = 1888
02 = 1800 etc.

=--(((((((((()--=
curlycord

When you show the permissions/overrides 01 is the first entry you make.
Since you restricted 1 you want to add the 800 series numbers that are no charge.

So when they dial 1 and any number it is restricted except when they dial 18XX

=--(((((((((()--=
curlycord

After you've applied the newly built filters to the sets, make sure you remove all the restrictions you've put on filter 02, and 03. Apply one of those to your COS pswd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back