Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restricting outside dialing for 1 ext ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayanooby

Programmer
Feb 20, 2007
US
How would you go about restricting 1 ext from being able to dial out but still receive calls from external lines that appear on the phone?

System is set up squared; all lines appear and ring on all phones.

Will #302 allow for the lines to appear on the phone but not dial out ?

#302 set to 2 for the extension and line would allow only incoming calls to that extension.

But consider that they cannot call numbers in the Emergency List, such as 911. A better method is to creat Disallow List No. 1, with entry 1 a "wild" card, and assign it to the extension. They can get dial tone, but if they dial ANYTHING other than what is in the Emergency List, they will be disconnected.

Thanks the 911 totally slipped my mind....duhhh...

#404 to build the list "1" ; what is the "wild" character for partner ? and then #405 to assign dissallow list 1 to ext "x" ?

I do apologize I don t have the full manual....just the quick program list.

Another question is that can I do this with an ordinary analog phone off a port in the partner ? Where the outside lines just ring to the phone with the same restrictions on outbound dialing ?

Thanks in advance

List 1, entry 01, Wild:
#404-1-01-Hold-Enter (Enter is the 4th column, 3rd button down)

Assign the list to the extension:
#405-XX-1-1 (XX is the extension number)

Yes, even a Single Line phone will be affected by the restriction. If you want that S/L extension to be able to call other extensions, or access voice mail, set the Auto Line Select to Intercom, and then the Lines.

Remember, you can get the entire manual, for free, as a pdf file, from

Just do a #401 and option 2. This allows that every line they use can only call extensions but not to outside lines. They can still get calls external too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back