Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restricting outbound calling to specific numbers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyMac4

MIS
Feb 23, 2015
US
We're on CCM version 9.1.1. I want to block outbound calling from our site to a specific telephone number (toll free). Can't find where that's done, can anyone help?
Thanks.

Make a Route pattern (Call Routing -> Route/Hunt -> Route Pattern) with the specific number.
Place it in the correct partition so it can be reached and select at "route option" (around the 11th line) "Block this pattern".

That about it ;)

The number I want to block is a toll free number beginning 877. This action will NOT block all 877 numbers? Just the one particular one I enter? Is that correct?

As long as you use the whole number and no wildcards, it will just block that number.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

This may sound crazy, but I created the RP with the specific #, added a partition and selected to 'block this pattern'. It blocked it for a short time, but now it's dialable?
Is there something in the gateway/route list? or Call Classification?

Do you only have 1 partition or have multiple ones in your cluster?

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

We have multiple partitions. I just removed the partition and put it to NONE. Now it's blocked. Hopefully it sticks this time...

That will work since every CSS will touch the none partition.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back