Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restricting long distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRTECH

MIS
Feb 10, 2004
US
OK I have done a search and I know that I saw it at one time but I can't seem to locate it now.

I need to set up a phone (2616 on opt11c) and block long distance. I believe it has to do with the NCOS, but I am unsure of the command to do this.

Any suggestions would be mostly appreciated

Actually I need to know what each of the access restrictions (FRE, FR1, FR2...) mean. Which blocks which and so forth

If you wish to use NCOS. NCOS's have a "FRL" Facility Restriction Level assigned in LD 86 (PRT NCTL). If the NCOS/FRL of the LD route (LD 21 PRT RDB) is greater than the NCOS of the phone the call will be restricted. You must have CTD in the CLS of the phone for this to work.

I'l try to explain the NCOS step by step...

1. The set must have CLS=CTD for it to use the NCOS-
settings.
2. Let's say the set has NCOS 2, this points to a FRL,
you can print this in LD 87, PRT , FEAT NRNG 2 2
This will show the FRL as e.g. 4
3. Then you have to print your DID route in LD21,
here you find the list of FRL's to CRNO's.
It's a range from FRL 0 to FRL 7.
Check the FRL you found in LD 87, 4 in my example.
Should look something like this: FRL 4 4.
It meens that FRL 4 points to CRNO 4.
4. Now you can go to LD 49 and PRT, TYPE FCR, CRNO 4
this will list what is ALOW-ed or DENY-ed
for the sets that have NCOS 2.

It also depends on teh country you are from. The US and Japsn use FRL and Eureop use NCOS. Normally the NCTL ( teh match between the FRL on the extension and teh RLI are teh same) Check it by ld 86 NCTL

How to find out what you use

Go to LD 49 and print a NCOS req PRT TYPE FCR CRNO 0 9
This will print out all the NCOS if there are any.
Then do a print our of teh Extension using TMB and look for the CLS TLD and the NCOS value. There is TLD and NCOS then wyou will probably use NCOS as in Europe. All you nned to do is to print out teh NCOS value in LD 49 as before and check whether it is a alow or deny. IF it is a Alow then add the long distance number/prefix in teh deny part of teh NCOS table

US

If the above is either CTD, UNR and there are no NCOS tables then you will be probably be using the FRL levels. You need to add the Long distance prefix L/D in the NXX,NPA. Print the TNB of the extension and look for the NCOS value, You need to make sure that the L/D prefix is higher then the NCOS of the extension this will then bar the extension. What other numbers are barred in your system ? you can just add the long distance prefix in the LD 90 and assign the same RLI if you do not have any translations via the DMI. If you do have translations assigned to the other barred numbers then create another RLI in then normal way and assign the same FRL you use to bar other numbers.

wayne

Most properly all the links between the different tables are already setup during the installation of your system...

So if your verdor has given you the NCOS tables with the restricted numbers per table. You only should give the telset a NCOS number and set the CLS to TLD!

So, if (i.e.) in NCOS table number 4 all international number are blocked you should use this table....

If you don't have a list from your vendor you can print it in overlay 49.

REQ PRT
TYPE FCR
CUST x (x= your customer)
CRNO (leave blank)

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back