Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restricting ISDN channels to outgoing only

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaf1968

Technical User
Oct 28, 2003
GB
Hi, have an IP403 based system connected to ISDN 30, using the minimum 8 channels... user is wanting to restrict 2 of these channels to outgoing calls so there will always be the ability to dial out, regardless of number of calls coming in... Is this configurable or a job for their telco.

Thanks

James

Wouldn't changing your line groups do this? Then set up a LCR so that if all the other lines were busy ob calls would go out the different line group.

Thanks for the reply, I'm a little green with this, could you give me a little more detail...
At the moment we have 9 channels in outgoing and voice, line group number is 5... Do I reduce the number of channels here and create a new line group...
Can see how to specify which line group the LCR uses, just not sure how to split the incoming channels into 2 seperate line groups... or stop the incoming calls coming through to the 2nd 'outgoing only' line group...

Many thanks in advance for any help...

James

When you think about this a little more you will realize its out of your control, you are trying to restrict the number of incoming calls the ISDN Network delivers to you. If you have 8 channels then the ISDN provider can deliver up to 8 calls at a time. You will need to ask the ISDN provider to only deliver calls on the first 6 channels.

You could try limiting the number of queued calls to you main groups but this still leaves DDIs etc. coming in out of your control.

Not too sure in this, you can restrict the number of incomming channels to 6. However what happens when you have 6 calls in and two/three other people are on a outgoing call you won't be able to make calls out then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back