Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restricting access to paging trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boberator

Technical User
Nov 11, 2004
US
I do IMAC at a hospital. We have an Opt 61C Rel 25.40.
We have the phones at ER set up to access paging trunk so they can page at night when there is no attendant.
My question is: Is there a way to automatically deny stations access to paging trunk either by time of day, or depending on whether the system is in night mode or not?
Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem. -P. Vergilius Maro

i don't think you can since it seems only subject to targ/tgar, which I don't think can be dynamic in this situation.

Mato' Was'aka

Are you trying to keep ER phones from paging during the day or are you having an issue with other stations hitting your page code?

Create a TOD ACD. During the day it routes to the operator, and at night, it routes to paging. Only use 2 digits though.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

@jaxuser
I'm trying to keep ER phones from paging when there is an attendant on duty.

Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem. -P. Vergilius Maro

Use SAR in ld 88.

You can create a schedule by hours and days to change the phone NCOS,TGAR and CLS.

i work at a hosp as well.. i perfer mail for tod/dow/holiday over tod routing in 86. just add a maxp 1 acd ncfw to mail.. in mail add an announcement service that, transfer to the acod.. make the acod an 8 digit number and don't share it..

so you dial the acd/dn, that sends you to mail. sees the service dn that points to the aa, no recording, just a time of day, day of week and holiday filter that either transfers to the page rdb acod or transfers to the att on duty.. it took longer to type this then it would to build..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back