Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restricted access to tie line between two 11C's

Status
Not open for further replies.

phngrl

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2002
US
Hi Everyone.
We have two Option 11c's connected via a PRI TIE. All 2xxx dn's are in one building, and all 4xxx dn's are in another and a DSC routes them accordingly.
We just installed a CIC predictive dialer with two PRI interfaces into the 11C with the 2xxx DN's. The functionality is perfect with the exception of one thing - You can't dial any 4xxx extension from the CIC. Even if you take one of the 2xxx phone sets and forward it to a 4xxx extension, it won't work from any call made from the CIC (even calls made via the autoattendant which normally allows people from the outside to pass through won't work). The caller hears a delay followed by a fast busy. What is strange is when I stat the trunk, the call isn't active in the port. It is there, but it goes away in about a second. It shows all ports idle, and the CIC says "call disconnected by Nortel for unknown reason". If I take that same 2xxx extension and forward it to an outside number like my cell phone, it works fine. It is as if the 11C won't allow the CIC to use the "PBX to PBX" route. I have checked all of the settings as far as NCOS etc, but cannot locate anything that would prohibit the calls. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi,

what M1 Release you have,
it is up to 22.xx
check the DITI Prompt in LD15 Net Data is set to yes

darktech the release is 25.15. I cannot see the DITI prompt under the net_data in LD 15. I would say that I am not using the correct gate opener, but no gate opener that I seem to use allows me to see what is in the DITI field.

Well I'm a bit of a newbie to this stuff, but from what I understand routing traffic from one pbx to another falls under one of 2 things: nars/bars or cdp. In this case it would be cdp and it sounds like you haven't cdp'd those ranges back and forth. Then again, I'm far from an expert here and I could be way off base.

Hi WilliamA.

Thanks for taking the time to read and give your input. The CDP codes are set correctly, because people from the outside can dial through one location to get to the other from both sides. I keep looking at the RDB for those TIE's, but have not been able to find anything specific.

When I enalbe the DCH messages in LD 96, and try to dial through one switch to get to the other via those specific TIE's, I get the message:

DCH 3 OMSG REL COMP REF 0000807F CH 1 23 TOD 18:25:06
CAUSE :SWED EQIP CONGESTION

Can you use the acod number and get through? that would bypass bars and let you determin if it is a cic problem or a T-1 problem sounds like the might not be set up quite right.

DITI should be under the NET gate opener and the message you are getting on the D-Channel sometimes points to barring, check TGAR/TARG or NCOS settings, if you have SIGO set to STD on your RDB then you are not sending your NCOS and the call will pick up the NCOS of the Incoming trunk by default

Check the call setup MSG for both switc's dchannels. Make sure the digits are correct on both switches (no additional digits). Also look to the far switch dchannel for a outgoing call reject reason. Change the sigo between the two switches as ESN5.

What pri protocol are you using with the two T1s (NI2, Sl1, ESS5,...). If you are using NI2 and programmed as DID, try a different route for each T1. Or, have a primary and back up d-channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back