Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict users from NT 4.0 Workstation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExchAd

MIS
Oct 31, 2002
US
Can anyone tell me how to restrict users and allow only specific users to log into a work station? I have already removed Domain Users from the local Users group and added the authorized people to the local Users group and people not in that group can stll log in... Any advice would help.

In User Manager, open the account properties, click the 'logon to' button, and list the pc's that the user is allowed to access.

Hope this helps!

Corie

Thanks, but I want to do it the other way around. I don't want to restrict a user to specific machines, but restrict a machine to only allow specific users. Any ideas on that?

Hey ExchAd,

go into your user manager, then click on "Policies" and "User rights"...Select the "log on locally" right and make sure that only the specified people have rights to log on to that machine.

Hope that helps... mot98
[cheers]

"Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
- Chessmaster Savielly Grigorievitch Tartakower (1887-1956)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back