Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict users from intercom'ing receptionist 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwoods68

Technical User
Mar 26, 2008
US
Ext 101 is our receptionist and the boss doesn't want other users to intercom her as there might be guests near her desk. How can I restrict my other users from using the auto-icom button to icom 101? We don't mind them intercom'ing each other.

Well, you have some options that should work, let us know which you went with, and why.

Awww. But my suggestion was first and I formatted my short code list to make it easier to read :)

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"If it worked the way it should you wouldn't need me

aarenot... I went with ron's suggestion but both his and Kyle's were easy for a newbie like me to understand and do.

Dwoods,
I am glad you got some help, even if it had to be from those two. Just kidding!

You might want to consider giving IPO professionals a star when they help out. Since they are IPO professionals they are the backbone of this forum, and that is the least we can do is give the professionals some recognition since that is for whom tek-tips is designed.

"INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS"

I will assume that simply telling people not to do this and expecting them to understand such a simple rule and follow it would be too much to ask?"

With typical users? That is far too much to expect :)

Seriously though the shortcodes is a good solution and I would go with that as you have done. To add to one of the comments:

"The system is going to give out her 200 series extension when she dials other users and blow her cover."

I haven't tested this but I suspect this could be avoided by using twinning? Also, and I haven't got a system in front of me to check, but could the "S" option be used under source numbers to present another extension to the called party?

KHolladay: I hope you don't mind me commenting on your post, I do not intend to detract from it.

Thanks

Andrew

I doubted the S would work to hide the user, so I did not go there. I maybe should not have assumed this although.

tried it it didn't work for me I even used a user shortcode and tried it that way, no luck on 4.1

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back