Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restrict user access rights to a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

veroL

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
FR
Hello,
I have the following problem: I have created domain user accounts (i have only one domain) so, using one of these accounts, i should be able to connect to any computer in the domain but, it is not what i want: i would like to specify: for a given user, to which computers he/she is allowed to login or, for a given computer, which users are allowed to login.
Is it possible to do that?
Thank in advance for your help. Excuse me if my question is not very intelligent but i am new in using windows 2000 server/active directory.

Sure. Under the users Account, there's an option to log on to a specific computer(s). Just enter the computer names in to match what user you want to be able to log on to it, and you're all set.

Thank you very much: I have tried a right click on an account then properties/account/connect to... to specify to which computer the user can connect.
But the problem is that I cannot add any computer to the list (it seems that this is only possible with NETBIOS and we don't have NETBIOS because here, where i work, they have chosen not to have it). Is there any way to do it without using NETBIOS.
Thanks again for your answer

What happens when you type in the computer name and add it to the list?

It works alright in fact if I add manually the name of the computers. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back