Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict the size of the subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

nag999

Programmer
Apr 16, 2003
IN
Hi All,

I had a report with 3 subreports placed in the Group Header. Each subreport has certain formulas to calculate and hold them in shared variables defined in main report. When I execute the report the subreport are growing in Group header section and moving the Group footer content of the main report to new page. When I try to set subreport option by selecting the report and "Format Report" - > "Can Grow" (Unchecked) Options. By doing this formulas, which were in subreports are not getting executed. How to control the size of the subreport so that they are minimized and forumulas also get executed.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

You could suppress sections in the subreport. Or hide completely, if they are not doing anything you need to see.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Hi Madwac,

If I hide that section the forumlas in that subreport are not getting executed. If I suppress or even Hide they are not getting executed.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

Are you suppressing the sections in the main report or the subreport? If you suppress sections in the subreport only, and not the section in which the subreports are placed in the main report, you can shrink the area the subreports take up in the main report way down, but your formulas should still work.

Roz

Hi All,

I got the solution. I had reduced the sections size for all sections of the subreports except on which was having formulas. I minimized them manually but not with Suppressing. As Suppress/Hiding was still leaving some whitespace, which was helping in increasing the size of the subreport. I hidden the section which was having forumlas which were suppressed.

This had solve my problem.

Btw thanks for all your responses.

Regards,
Nagaraj Aengula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back