Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict the Amount of Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpeashop

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2001
GB
Is it possible to restrict the numbers of logons to a Citrix box running Windows 2000 SP2 Metaframe 1.8 SP3. Therefore allowing for example only the first 15 users to logon after that no logons until a users comes off, in a one on one off situation. Also could the admin account be exempt from this

How about only installing (and activating) 15 Citrix licenses on the server in question - making them local rather than pooled?

Or, if you have load balancing, you could set it so that User Load is 100% at 15 users.

I hope this helps

I am using a demo license that as allows 99 users, and as a consequence and do not have load balancing either. This is a test box that previously had a 15 user license (trial) that ran out two days ago; hence I replaced it with the above demo license. My worry is once the remote site notice that they are not restricted to 15 users they will create more users therefore more connections and the test box (not a real server) will collapse.

In the Citrix Connection Centre, if you look at the properties of the ICA protocol. There is an option to allow a specific number of connections. If you set this to 15, only 15 connections will be allowed using ICA. Unfortunately, the administrator is not exempt although you will still be able to administer the server at the console or use RDP to access the server desktop. You should also assign permissions on the RDP protocol to restrict any other users to access the desktop via RDP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back