Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict ringing on extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIGirl

Technical User
Aug 12, 2008
US
My company has been using CallPilot as the phone system. Recently, we had a major storm that basically fried some component of the system and we had to get it replaced. Fortunately, most of the things we set up were not lost, and anything that was lost was pretty much corrected.

However, we have a couple of problem that I have yet been able to fix. The way we have our extensions set up is as follows:

PROBLEM #1:
Extensions 221, 222, and 229 are the "front office" phones that are set to ring whenever someone calls one of our three lines.

Extensions 223, 225, 226, 227, 228, 230, and 231 are phones in offices that should not ring when someone is calling our office as they cannot be interrupted by constant ringing throughout the day. However, they should ring when we are calling them through the "intercom" method.

After the storm, extension 223 is still ringing when someone calls of our three phone lines. The only way I can shut that off is by enacting the "Do Not Disturb" feature. Unfortunately, this cannot stay this way because then we cannot intercom this person, nor can they see when they have a voicemail on the display screen.

How can I correct this?

PROBLEM #2:
While a minor problem, if anyone can tell me how to fix this, too, that'd be great. As I said earlier, we have three phone lines. Before the storm, whenever we picked up the phone to dial out, line 3 was the first to be automatically picked up. If someone was already on it, it would automatically pick up line 2 (or then 1 if someone was on both lines 3 and 2). Now, while line 3 is still automatically picked up, we get the "No Line is Selected" error message if we go to dial out and someone is already on line 3. We have to manually pick up one of the other two lines. Can this be corrected again?

Any and all advice to either or both of the aforementioned problems will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Problem 1: Have you verified that the lines for 223 are set to "Appear" and not "Appear and Ring".

Problem 2: Sounds like the sets are programmed to use a LinePool for a Prime Line but no lines are assigned in it.

Thanks for your reply, kwtaylor.

1. I have not verified this. How do I go about doing so? (i.e., what feature code is needed to do this, can you walk me through it, etc.?)

2. How can I correct this also?

Your going to need to go into the programming and correct all of it. Bases upon your last response, "...can you walk me through it, etc.?)

It may be Best to call your support vendor back out. Unless someone onsite there has the skillset (experience) to do it.

Honestly, my company does not want to call our support guy for this one minor thing since he'll charge $250. I have figured out how to fix everything else, so I'm really the one who does all of this stuff when it's not a major problem. I am quite adept with computer and technical issues (I do have a bachelor's degree from Yale if that helps :p), so if someone can walk me through this, nothing will be messed up.

I have at least figured out to use the Feature **266344 programming, but I just cannot pinpoint where to change the appear & ring part. I actually did do it earlier on one of the front office phones and undid it, but now I can't remember how.

Thanks.

Sorry to Hear about your Yale experience we all make mistakes...usually not as expensive as yours... LOL..

For Problem #1: Enter into Set&Terminals - enter in the DN of the phone having issues, Line Appears, Change the Ringing Appearance for the Rogue Line to Appear or remove it all together if it's not suppose to be there.

Problem #2: Enter into Lines enter in the line you need to reconfigure (ex. Line 001, Line 002...), Line Type - (probably currently Public) Change to LinePool Member of whatever pool was previously configured.

And you should be all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back