Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict restores to localhost and /tmp/

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalgaryCR9

Technical User
Aug 12, 2005
CA
I want to pass the responsibility of restores to a different group in our organization. Using the auth.conf I can restrict what appears in the gui with no issue.

1. I do want to have the GUI (jnbSA) for these restricted users to show the Destination & Source Client as "localhost" vs the name of the backup server.

2. Once files are selected and RESTORE clicked on, I want the Restore Marked Files screen to pre-populate with "Restore everything to a different location" with /tmp/ entered in the destination.

For whatever historical reason Access Management is not used on our systems. We are running NB 6.0 MP4.

Thanking you for assistance with questions 1&2.

I am trying to prevent this group from overwriting the data, or restoring to the wrong directory. I want the screens to be populated for the group for:
Source Client
Destination Client ....both reading local host which is part of the "Specify Netbackup machines & policy type".

I'm not too keen on messing with the current bp.conf entries of:
SERVER = pd7bs2no
CLIENT_NAME = pd7bs2no
EMMSERVER = pd7bs2no

Yet, I'm willing to examine any option I'm not aware of.

Note: this is all on the same machine. localhost = pd7bs2no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back