Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict DID both internal & external 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwitchWitch

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2001
US
Nortel Option 81C

Hello All.
I have extension 7071 programmed on one of my 2008 sets.
This is a DID from my local provider so the number can be reached externally.

The user wants to restrict incoming (external) calls for this number. He doesn't want to change to a non-DID number.
I changed the NCOS to restrict the line from calling out, but any help on restricting incoming calls?

idc the did to some other number that cfw off premise

change the ext number in software to non did and leave the phone label with the original ext.

you will have to play with the different CLS, but try FR1 FR2 FRE SRE ,etc. That may do the trick for you.

you are correct Big Indian. Sorry for the incorrect post.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. This might be the way, this is Nortel.

Make an IDC entry to convert the incoming number to something else. Maybe a direct it to a mailbox with a recording.

Actually, you are somewhat correct as well as FR2 does imply In/out. Makes ZERO sense not to chg to Non-DID and call it a day right.

Mato' Was'aka

Why even have a phone?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Call your service provider to remove it from your DID range. (or setup the IDC as mentioned before, but it's a waste of a DID as everyone mentioned)

fastest way... do you have an idc table built? ld 49 prt idc
return until it prints..
then go to 21 and prt the inbound route... at the idc prompt, it needs to reflect the dcno

ld 49 print
Code:
REQ  prt

TYPE idc

CUST 0

DCNO 1

DCNO    1
IDGT    CDGT
1021    7275
1962    5454

ld 21 print of my did route
Code:
IDC  YES
DCNO 1
NDNO 1 *

so the did 1021 rings 7275 not 1021... 7275 is the acod of my vacant number intercept ran.. it could be a vacant number as well. if you can not change the did, change it inbound.. we have 10,000 dids so i use a lot of idc's

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Make the extension CLS = RDI (Restrict DDI Calls)

LD 11

REQ CHG
TYPE 2008
TN XX XX
ECHG YES
ITEM CLS RDI

The RDI is dependent on a package. Sorry don't remember at the moment, so it may or may not work.

NARSBARS

In respones to John poole's answer.

What if I wanted 1021 to go to 7275 and lets say 1314 and 7275 is a CDP. Would this work, meaning going to both places?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back