Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict 411 calls system wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoz

Vendor
Jul 15, 2005
US
HI to all, I haven't programed this system in a while. Can some one tell me how to restrict N11 numbers such as 411 calls. Magix system with analog lines connected to it. Thanks

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"
"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." [machinegun] [flip]

A simple way would be to set the ARS Restrict Level of Table 28 (Special Numbers) to a value higher than any extension has, usually 6. Or, you could throw in some EXTRA DIGITS that would cause the call to not go through.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

I think that would also affect 911 calling? Maybe make a new route for 911 with a FRL of 2 as well?

I am more than a little bit sure that it will not affect 911, Table 28 is rather specific about what it considers an N11 call, and 911 isn't included. 28 is known as the SPECIAL NUMBERS TABLE, where as 29 is the 911 table.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Thank you very much. I will give this a try this week sometime. You guys are the greatest!

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"
"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." [machinegun] [flip]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back