Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restric individual ability to make international calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkaducci

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2003
US
How do i deny caller ability to call (international countries) or entered by me area codes of the phone numbers?
Can someone tell me how this can be done.

Thank You.

Do a "list cor" to determine the COR's descriptions and then change the station's COR to the one that has LD only.

Hi

To restrict the callers from dialing international countries you can do the following steps:

1. First of all change the Dial Access feild in the trunk group properties to No if it is Yes.
2. Disable or secure the "Facility Test Calls Access Code" in the "display feature-access-codes" as this is also way to dialout.
3. Now impliment Auth codes on your systems.
4. Change ars analysis so that all international calls are routed to a particular route pattern.
5. Now change that particular route pattern and put a COR(class of restriction)in front of the listed trunk groups which is higher than that of the standard station COR and lower than the COR given to the auth codes alloted to the users who are authorised to dial international numbers or you can also put the highest COR.By putting the highest COR no one will be able to Dial international numbers.

Feel free to contact me if you need any other help.

Regards
Gaurav Sehgal
Sr. Systems Engineer
Hughes Software Systems
India

I can send you some excel programming sheets with an example if you wish, provided your in the North American numbering plan, they should give you the idea. What release is the switch?

Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

Gaurv,

Wouldn't it be easier to just change the COR of the station to a COR that does not allow Intl calls? In our switch we have predetermined COR's (local, Ld, Int, etc)

I wish to thank you all for the input. You ware very helpful.

yes you can do that also, but my main concern was to secure you fully. I mean the other two ways which i have told you are a real threat if not taken care of. Those are Dial Access(Trunk Access Code) and the facility test call access code.

Regards
Gaurav Sehgal
Sr. Systems Engineer
Hughes Software Systems
India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back