Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring using ca_restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHorse

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2004
US
I am trying to create an restore using the command line to automate our nightly restores. I am backing up several volumes on a Netware system (via a rotational job) and want to restore to another Netware machine. If I try to automate it through the GUI, it wont pick the latest version.

When trying in through command line "ca_restore", I get errors that Arcserve can not validate the source node name through DNS. I do not have DNS loaded in this segment of the network.

Additionally, I want the restore to pick the most recent version/session to restore from.

Any ideas, thks

We decided to load stand alone DNS on this network segment, and it now is able to start the restore. However it is looking for a Netware agent "NNPAgent" since it is running from a non netware partition. NWAGENT is running. Any ideas where I can obtain that NLM. thks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back