Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring to Novell - Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewfr

MIS
May 22, 2003
GB
We have just got a new backup system which consists of a Storagetek tape library and Netbackup 4.5. The server running Netbackup is a Win2000 server and the servers we are backing up are Novell 5.1 and 6. the backups appear to be working fine but when I try to do a test restore I get errors.

On the Novell console I load BP and choose to restore. I accept the defaults and then select S to search. A message tells me that it is "Querying Netbackup Server" and after about 10 seconds it gives an error message "ERROR: invalid request".

Even when using the Backup, Archive & Restore on the workstation there are numerous errors and still no files will restore.

I have been following the documentation to the letter but still can't get it to do a restore. I would be most grateful for any information you can give me to help me through this.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew.

I cant give you any specific answers but we ran into that on 4.11. The Novell admin had to get with veritas to work it out. It was not an easy fix. several "patches". I think they are NLM's. I am a MS guy so I dont really pay much attention to Novell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back