Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring To Different Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle76

Technical User
Jan 8, 2004
GB
Hi all,

I obtained a new fileserver during week (let's call it server2). I performed a full backup from the original fileserver on Friday as per usual (let's call the original server1).

I want to restore this backup of server1 onto server2. However - in the destination field of the restore manager I cannot find the server.

The servers involved here are Quantum Snapservers (NAS) devices. Bascially a large RAID5 disk set with an IP address.

I backup server1 by means of the "preferred share" option in backup manager. There is nothing similar in restore manager, so I can't find it.

Server2 is a member of my domain - but when I look at the network in the restore manager, all I get is Microsoft Terminal Services. Under Windows, My Network Places shows all the servers (including server2!).

I can't use the NAS devices in the tree, because it says it can't log into agent - I can't install an agent because it is basically a disk running Quantum's SnapOS.

I can't map a drive because the mapped drives do not show up under the backup server in the restore manager.

Please help me!! I only want to restore a backup to a different server. Nothing difficult!

I'm using Arcserve 9 under Server 2003.

Many many thanks in advance,
Regards
Colin Anderson.

Unfortunately win2k3 needs Arcserve 11 rather the 2000.

Therefore it does not work properly.

I've experienced several troubles with Arcserve 2000 on Windows2003 server.

As soon as I upgraded to Arcserve11 everything is fine.

Cheers,
Robert

Thanks Robert.

I was hoping an Upgrade would not be the answer!! We got Arcserve 9 in at the same time we got Server 2003 put in.

Just been quoted £2500 to upgrade x4 software, x2 Exchange agents and x1 SQL agent to upgrade to Arcserve 11.

Don't you just love it.

Regards.
Colin.

I know :-(

I've had budget trouble as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back