Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring system state

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshi8888

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
US
Hi, I am new to backup exec.
I am using BackupExec v8.6 and simply trying to restore
system state. But, In the Active monitor tab, its status says "on hold(failed)" Why does this happen?

The pc is running 2kserver
(not setting up Active directory and Domain Controller)

1.I backup a system state and save into the folder('backup to disk folder').

2. Then, I reboot and start as Directory Service Mode (it may not be neccesary)

3. Then, I choose the folder and press [restore] button.

That's it. But I can't restore at all. What is missing?

Thank you for advance

Yoshi

Do not do this step..
2. Then, I reboot and start as Directory Service Mode (it may not be neccesary)

if you have other dc's in the enterprise, they will have the latest sysvol data. you can do an unathoritative restore.

If this is production and your only dc, you should know why you need to restore it, b/c you can choose to restore part or all of the sys state. if you have other dc/s w/ good sys state, you are golden and can just force it from one of those. if you haven't run dcdiags yet, you should, to see what state your network is in....

ward ccna, mcse, mcsa, a+

The remote server you're trying to restore to need to have the Remote Agent installed and running. Also, it helps if you're doing the restore off-production and can use the same WINS name and IP address to restore to. Also, it may not make a difference, but watch your credentials when running the backup job. You may want to use a local admin account to run the job - one that is identical to an admin account on the problem server.

Jato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back