Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring SQL 7 backup to 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil99

Programmer
Jul 12, 2002
GB
Hi,

We want to swap our production server which is currently running SQL 7 with another server which runs SQL 2000. To move the data we were going to backup the production server and then restore the database to our new SQL 2000 server.

I gave it a try but received the following error msg:

Microsoft SQL-DMO(ODBC SQLState:42S22)
Invalid column name 'enabled_for_syncmgr'
Could not adjust the replication state of database 'Database name'. The database was successfully restored, however its replication state is indeterminate.

Is there a straight forward fix for this issue?

Is this restoration technique advisable or am I going to run into lots of issues.

Thanks

Phil

Hi
I have a similar problem facing me. Did you find a good solution for this? Thanks ukflix.

The issue about was cause by a couple of old subscriptions which weren't working. After I removed them everything was fine.

After you have restored the database you just need to reset the db owner. This can be done by first change the dbowner to sa and then changing it to the orignal owner. For example:

sp_changedbowner 'sa'

then

sp_changedbowner 'ARAdmin'

You then update any database logins which may not automatically map across.

Use sp_change_users_login 'report' to pick these up.

Good luck

Cheers

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back