Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring Recipient containers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jszei

MIS
Aug 31, 2001
US
We recently brought an Exchange 2k server online. Most of our users email is stored locally in personal folders. A few were stored on the Exchange 5.5 server. To add the user's mailboxes to Ex 2k we deleted the mailboxes (Recipient containers) from Ex 5.5 and created new ones on the Ex 2k server. Unfortunately a few folks who had their email stored on the Ex 5.5 server lost it. We've tried to do a restore from backup of the Directory and Information store. It seemed to be successful except that it did not restore the users mailboxes (Recipient containers) or as far as I can tell their mail. I tried creating a new mailbox with the same account as the old & doing a restore but that didn't work. What can I do to get these folks email back?

Thanks,
John

after you did the restore, did you run the consistency adjuster from exchange admin?

That did it! I can now see the mailboxes. Thank you. Does anyone know how to obtain the users mail in a .pst format & transfer it to their Outlook client when the client is configured to a different (Ex 2k) mail server?

Thanks,
John

It worked. Thank you soooo much.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back