Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restoring PST, contacts do not show up in Address Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelks

Technical User
Jul 11, 2001
US
Ok, here's my problem. Using the backup tool provided by MS to backup my PST and restoring said PST. The restore works beautifully, with the exception of the contacts outside of the 'contacts' folder do not get placed in Outlook Address Book. The outlook Address Book is shared with Outlook. I have about 60 folders under Contacts with about 400 or so total contacts in all subfolders. I experimented and found out that if I copy all contacts (CTRL+C) and make a new folder and paste it in, all contacts of that folder are added to address book. The restore does not do this automatically though. Please help.

Jason

Have you tried to import the pst file into contacts folder?

Should I export the contacts folder as a pst and then re-import the contacts pst into the contacts folder?

Let me expand. I copied out the contacts as a pst. Worked. Imported contacts it worked in Outlook but the folders do not show up in Address Book. I have to create a new folder in outlook contacts, then the folder shows up in address book (because they are linked). I then copy all contacts from the opened old contacts subfolder and paste in new folder under contacts and all the contacts are now in the address book. Outlook does not seem to import the contacts into the address book. So, I still need some help.
Outlook is setup as IMO and no exchange server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back