Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring Netware To Arcserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

EugeneZ

MIS
Aug 26, 2002
CA
I have been doing some research but have been unable to come up with a definitive answer. Can you restore Netware files backed up using the NW agent to an NT server? Version is AS2000 SP3. Netware is 3.12 with long file name support. I do get the AE0059 error when trying to restore. Are there issues if I can work around it? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
As far as the Netware restores are concerned, cross platform restore is not supported. The format in which netware has the data can't be read by NT Operating system.

The workaround is to have the data restored to any Novell server and do a simple copy from windows.

Thanks
ArcserveFreek

yes - this is tried and tested by me. Seemingly you must restore to the netware server.

Been there done that, I had to migrate the data from a remote office which used Netware, I was lucky the previous Admin had built a Netware server and I used that for the restore then did a robocopy overnight to the Windows server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back