Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring from a Lotus Notes database backup.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

doogle111

Technical User
Jul 23, 2004
IE
when I go to restore a Lotus Notes database file, can I restore it anywhere else apart from the original place...I cant restore it straight into an ordinary folder....

If it was backed up through a DBAGENT then it will need to be restored through a database agent.

that said, you should be able to remotely restore this to another location (but it must be a database).

Check the lotus notes user guide for more info.

cheers,

g

Thank you for the reply....

I have just read "Agent for Lotus domino guide" and it says I should be able to restore to any location from the database....
So I have backed up a database sucessfully throught the agt.. merged it sucessfully but its failing when a try to restore it to a new folder it fails with the error
Failed to connect agent(AGENT=\\servername\dbanotes, EC=DBagent does not exist.)....

solution,

It will let me restore to this particular server(lotus notes server) in a different empty folder etc.. but it wouldnt let me drop it onto the backup server....
strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back