Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshi8888

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
US
Hi, I am new to Exchange. I need a help for restoring Exchange storage groups.

I dismounted all storage groups and restored the exchange data in the original location using NT backup Utility.

However, After restore, I cannot mount all those storage groups. I received the following message.

IDNo: C1041724
An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting
the exchange system manager or the microsoft exchange information store service, or both.

I am now trying to use "eseutil" to fix it. But, It does not
look good so far.

if anybody knows other solution other than using "eseutil", please give me advice

Thank you in advance

Yoshi

This may not be exactly what you are looking for but it is a great tool to use if all else fails.

It is caller Power Controls from It is not cheap but it works very well and is worth the $$$. Also very easy to use. I think there demo is 90% functional.

It alows you to extract mailboxes from IS databases. (corrupt and good)

I use it in lew of a traditional Exchange restore most of the time as it is so quick and easy. No need to build a recovery server or deal with slow brick level backups.

CAUSE
This error can occur if the eseutil /p command-line command is run on the databases in question and if the log files are not removed. To determine if the eseutil /p command-line command was run, follow these steps:
Run the following command-line command on the database in question:
c:\program files\exchsrvr\bin\eseutil /mh

Read the repair count attribute.
If the repair count attribute is 0 (zero), the eseutil /p command-line command was not run.
If the repair count attribute is a number other than 0, the eseutil /p command-line command was run on the database.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
Run the following command-line commands to check the consistency (state) of the public and the private databases:
c:\program files\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /mh "drive:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"

-and-

c:\program files\exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /mh "drive:\program files\\exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub1.edb"

NOTE: This example assumes that you are running the programs from drive C in the \Program Files\ExchSrvr\Bin folder, and that the .edb files are in the \Program Files\ExchSrvr\Mdbdata folder.
Review the results of the consistency check.
If a database is consistent (state = clean shutdown), all of the log files have been committed to the information store.
If the database is not consistent (state = dirty shutdown), the database may not be corrupted; the log files may not have been committed to the database yet.
If the state reports clean shutdown, remove all of the log files from all of the mdbdata directories to a backup directory.
Mount the databases.

Just copy your exchange log files from the original location to the other folder (backup it first...), after that deleted all the log files in the original location, then try to mount again, it should be work....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back